El Cerrito Tree Services

El Cerrito Tree Services

El Cerrito was founded by earthquake survivors from San Francisco in 1906. They settled at what was then Don Victor Castro’s Rancho San Pablo, which was close to the Rancho San Antonio, which was owned by the Peralta family. In 1909, the colony got a post office, and the refugee camp was dubbed Rust after its first postmaster, Wilhelm F. Rust. In 1916, the residents of the colony¬†changed the name to El Cerrito, which means “little¬†hill” or “knoll,” in allusion to the many separate hills in the area. El Cerrito was constituted as a village with 1,500 residents a year later.

Contact us about our El Cerrito Tree Services